Enhanced Personal Health Care Program
The Enhanced Personal Health Care Program empowers primary care physicians (PCPs) to fully engage more in comprehensive primary care functions that help move us toward a coordinated, evidence-based care model. These functions have the greatest impact on achieving the triple aim of improved quality, patient experience and affordability.
We believe the doctor-patient relationship is the most important in health care. Every patient should have a relationship with a PCP who knows and understands their individual health care needs, provides comprehensive whole patient health care services and acts as their champion to help navigate the complex health care system while ensuring they receive appropriate and timely care. This is key to improving outcomes and quality and, subsequently, lowering costs.
Our program is based on a simple principle: PCPs and their teams, if provided with the right tools, information and resources, are best equipped to optimize the health of their patients and improve the affordability of health care.
This program will:
- Make a significant investment in primary care that allows PCPs and their practice team to do what they can do best: manage all aspects of their patients’ care.
- Provide PCPs with tools, resources and meaningful information that promote access, shared decision making, proactive health management, coordinated care delivery, adherence to evidence-based guidelines and care planning built around the needs of the individual patient, all leading to improved quality and affordability.
- Help redesign the current payment model to move from volume-based to value-based payment, aligning financial incentives and providing financial support for activities and resources that focus on care coordination, individual patient care planning, patient outreach and quality improvement.
- Improve the patient experience by:
- Creating better access to a PCP who provides whole person care and is the patient’s health care champion.
- Making patients active participants in their health care through shared decision making.
- Helping to optimize the patient’s health.
For more information, contact your local Provider Relations representative.
Provider tools & resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Prior authorization lookup tool
- Prior authorization requirements
- Claims overview
- Member eligibility and pharmacy overview